The Second Chanc Animal Fund exists to help individuals with low or no income be able to afford medically necessary and emergency veterinarian costs. The fund also helps handlers with working and certified K9’s (ie. SAR, service, police K9, etc.) be able to afford higher veterinarian costs for procedures that improve quality of life (*please note, the HAWC is currently updating procedures around acceptance criteria for working K9 funding requests). The fund was created in honor of my dog, Chancy. During Chancy’s lifetime she had some medical expenses that were difficult to afford. Fortunately, there was a non-profit that assisted me in covering the costs of her needed medical treatment. The Second Chanc Animal Fund was created to be able to help individuals in the same way that I was helped with Chancy. The funds are intended to cover a portion of your need in being able to afford care for your animal. Decisions are based upon all or some of the following: financial hardship, a supporting veterinarian statement regarding medical necessity, available funding, and eligibility. If you are interested in helping with this cause, there are several ways to contribute:
1. By donating (click the donate tab at the top of the page)
2. Share our website and hand out flyers!
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for a grant, please do the following:
1. Check the eligibility guidelines to make sure you qualify. (*Working K9 portion currently being updated, please reach out to us with questions).
2. Fill out an application! Second Chanc Animal Fund Applications can be found by clicking Second Chanc Animal Fund grant application (*Working K9 portion currently being updated, please reach out to us with questions).
3. Email the application to Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the application has been submitted, it will be reviewed, and the applicant will be contacted with a final decision!
Thanks again for taking the time to check out the fund and for considering to donate! Please note that even if you are unable to donate through financial means, by spreading the word and sharing this page you are also helping with this cause!